Friday, August 15, 2014

The Game of Crohn's ... and you thought Joffrey was a pain in the ass.




     The Game of Crohn's ... and you thought Joffrey was a pain in the ass.

     Discovering in your mid twenties that you've been diagnosed with the fate of a lifelong chronic disease that has no cure is rather akin to being hit with a shovel. A shovel that smacks you square in the face whilst running full speed though life. Luckily, just like my cartoon counterparts, I have the tendency to bounce right back by laughing at the ludicrous moments that the pooping disease otherwise known as crohn's has brought into my life.

     After nine years of navigating through this world looking for the nearest toilet, I thought I could share what it is like to live with a painful disease that affects over five million people world wide but is rarely talked about.

     Please join me in future posts as I introduce my alien, explain what crohn's actually is and talk about all the fun times my alien and I have trying to reside together.

     Just remember, Everyone Poops !

7 comments:

  1. o/\o AJ, it's a great start. Keep going (so to speak)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That loo will give me nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone !!! It's greatly appreciated.
    Baby steps .... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be interested in reading more of your posts. My daughter is also dealing worth Crohn's. Her first big episode was between her eighth and ninth grade years. At first we thought she had food poisoning, then we thought she had an eating disorder. Finally, after going down to 83 pounds we got the correct diagnosis! Five years later she's feeling better but I still get tears thinking of the hell she went through! My thoughts and prayers are with you! I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Tillie,
      Thank you very much for the well wishes !
      I am happy to hear that your daughter is doing well and hope that she continues to do so.
      I think getting a proper diagnosis is half the battle its self. It sounds like she has an awesome support system though with a mom like you :-)
      Thank you for the support.
      I look forward to sharing more posts in the new future.

      Delete